Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Neighborhood Walk thoughts...

I very much enjoyed the neighborhood walk and found it to be very insightful into the nature and history of the neighborhood. I did not realize how rich the culture and history was behind each building, and I realized upon a closer inspection that each facade was unique and had different character from other fronts. I suppose I was reluctant to pass through the neighborhood too much and missed out on the diversity of the  area, which was revealed to me during the walk. I feel that there are probably plenty of outsiders who don't know the exact history of the neighborhood and therefore don't understand it, which is a shame because they pass judgment on people they don't even understand. The pride the residents feel about their home is electric and almost tangible when walking through the neighborhood itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment